I just got home from enjoying the best southern, homemade meal that’s sure to put me to sleep within the next hour. So I’m feeling great. But to add to that, there’s some additional news that has just brightened up my day even more. I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I’d like to thank fellow blogger Caleb Harris for the nomination. Harris’s blog, https://contextuallyactive.com, has kept my attention since initially coming across it. You can check out his latest reviews on films, music, books, as well as stay up-to-date with different cultural and social issues. Please be sure to subscribe and support all of his work.
So, how does one get nominated, you might ask? Here’s how:
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to recognize and promote new blogs. It allows the community of bloggers to promote and celebrate one another. Here are guidelines for receiving and giving the award.
- Thank the Blogger or Bloggers who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Answer the questions you received as part of your nomination.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them a new set of questions.
- You also must list the rules and display the Sunshine Award logo in your post.
Before I give my nominations, here are my answers to the questions posed by Caleb.
- Favorite film and why?
- I have three, and I can’t pick a specific one. The Dark Knight, ATL, and Aladdin. The Dark Knight, in my opinion, revived the Batman franchise in a way that most diehard fans weren’t expecting; Heath Ledger’s performance was indescribable. ATL was culturally relevant to many of us southerners and Hip Hop lovers at the time it was released, and I was a huge fan of T.I. back then. And Aladdin is just a childhood classic that I could watch daily, and I’m pretty sure that will remain the same for the rest of my life.
- In a movie about your life, who would play you?
- Probably, Columbus Short. A few people have said that we favor a little bit; don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad.
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- AALIYAH. I loved Aaliyah (R.I.P). We’re still married, with a family…in my head.
- What is your pop culture blind spot?
- I’m not too sure what this question means. Let me know in the comment section.
- What do you enjoy most about writing and what do you want to accomplish most with your blog?
- What I enjoy most about writing is the challenge. Writing is not an easy science, but it’s not something that stresses me out either; because I wouldn’t do it. The freedom to express my thoughts in a way that’s filtered (by choice) but honest is beyond powerful to me. And I hope to encourage a more open-minded dialogue, particularly when it comes to the topics relative to my narrative and different experiences.
Now, for my nominations. I nominate…
- Shakiyla Solomon and her blog https://shakiyla.com. Shakiyla is a beautifully spirited woman with an even more beautiful and spiritual message in her blog posts. Her words of inspiration and encouragement tend to speak life to those who read them.
- Deryle A. Daniels Jr. and his blog https://danielsdailyreader.com. I’m not being biased because he’s my Fraternity brother, but Brother Daniel’s blog is nothing short of amazing. His blog focuses on the development of young professionals, which include lifestyle, social issues, fashions, and travel. And Bro. Daniels is a professional development consultant, so his knowledge on the topic is legit.
- Brady Moore and his blog https://moorereviews.com. Brother Moore, another Fraternity brother of mine, has been my go-to when it comes to film reviews. I don’t waste my time reading Rotten Tomatoes or any other film critic before I spend my money at a movie theater, I head straight to Moore Reviews.
And my questions for the nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blogs?
- What are some of your hobbies?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Thank you to all who have supported me, and let’s continue to make this community grow.
Until Next Time…